List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Different character widths in Linux
From:       "Michael S. Mikowski" <z_mikowski () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 22:45:18

Hi Florian:

I've seen many applications with this trouble, but OO is the most pronounced.
Its a display issue, right?  The document prints out just fine?

The different widths are probably what you want for most modern typefaces (
unless you're trying to do ASCII art, in which case might I recommend Courier
).  However, the display doesn't alway jive with how the document will print.

There are a few work-arounds:
- Use a different font
- Try increasing or decreasing the font size on screen (e.g. if its 150%, try
100%)
- Print to pdf, and use that for the electronic document you distribute.
- Hope its been improved in 1.02 :)

Any others?