List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Question concernant l'impression PDF sous OOo
From:       Alex Thurgood <alex.thurgood () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-01-27 9:26:48

Le lun 27/01/2003 à 08:05, JD a écrit :
> Fabien3D wrote:
>
> >I created some pdf files using the Print as file function in the Print panel
> >in OOo 1.0.1 under GNU/Linux. Theses files are read by acroread, but an error
> >message apperas when I try to read them with Adobe Acrobat reader. Any
> >suggestions ?
> >

>  From your story: you don't really create a pdf, no? You just made a ps
> file. Or, is 'print to pdf' already one of your "external" printer
> option? If this is yes, then the problem must be with that "external"
> printer.
>
> Anyway, did you actually ps2pdf or use other tools to really pdf the ps
> file?

The reason for the behaviour, it appears, is that Ghostscript version 7
produces output that is no longer conform to the stricter PDF standards
now used by Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0/5.1. Any files created via this
Version of Ghostscript will apparently cause problems with Adobe Acrobat
Reader version 5 and following. Until the Ghostscript team fixes this,
there is only one solution : go back to version 6.5x of Ghostscript. Of
course, this may break other things on your box too... :-(

Alex Thurgood