List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: dash "-" appears as question mark "?"
From:       Harry Vennik <htvennik () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-14 21:17:29

I have the same problem on my Linux system, but I never saw it happen with
OOo for Windows. Btw, the same thing happens with quotes. So I think Ekkard
is also using Linux (or another flavor of Unix maybe?).

I don't think this problem is related to the keyboard layout setting. If it
was, the dash would appear as a question mark also in printing.

Dashes between spaces are often replaced by a somewhat longer one. I suppose
that OOo also replaces dashes, but the 'long dash' character is not fully
supported on Linux, and therefore appears as '?'.
Greets,
Harry