List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] RE:Various kinds of Linux
From:       "Michael S. Mikowski" <z_mikowski () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-11 10:51:08

IIRC, Lindows runs everything as root (administrative user).
This can be very dangerous; in fact, this is why many argue Win95/98/ME (and
to a certain extent, Win2K and WinXP) are intrinsically inferior products.

I'd recommend using something a little more secure.  Xandros probably does it
right.  Mandrake is good if you want to tinker and you want things a little
more bleeding edge.  Their update package is fairly good, and they are mostly
RedHat compatible.

Cheers,

Mike