List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Languages modules
From:       Olav Pettershagen <olav.pettershagen () trysil ! online ! no>
Date:       2002-11-16 12:08:05

Laurdag 16. november 2002 12:14 skreiv Yves Bajard:
> How do I and where do I:
> 1. How do I unzip the said files (I am nwe to Linux, and this means
> using a set of commands in the Terminal Window, probably in su mode)

The unzip command is (suprise) unzip, i.e. "unzip filename" without the
quotes. Shouldn't be any need for su.

> 2. Where do I send the unzipped versions: in the same directory as the
> US module or in another directory for each language?

Same directory.

And add the new dictionaries in "dictonary.lst". You'll see what's needed.

> 3. How do I activate each of  modules separately in the Office suite?

Tools > Options > Writing tools > edit > add new dictionaries from the drop
down meny

> 4. How do I then, organize my language options in the suite, to be able
> to change language? Is is necessary to go the whole route
> Tools>Options>Language Settings>language.. etc?

Select your text. Then Format > Character > Choose your dictionary

Olav

P.S. I don't have the english menus installed right now so the meny items are
from memory