List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] mail merge
From:       Solveig Haugland <solveig.haugland () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2002-10-23 17:22:53

Wow, that was a humdinger. I've done this before, with 1.0.1 on Win2k, with
absolutely no problems, except that back then (which was Windows ME, come to think
of it), I had to drag the fields into a document that hadn't been saved yet.

Just tried to do it again now, and got the same Ghostbusters symbol you did. Then
after much random fiddling got it to work and had no idea what happened.

But figured it out.

To make the file accept the field you want to drag in:
    - Make sure you've saved the document at least once.
    - Click the Edit File icon on the function bar, at the top of the window.
It'll become unrecessed and the file won't be editable.
    - Click the Edit File icon again to make the file editable again.

This is what worked for me, at least. Thanks for bringing this up--it's going in
the OpenOffice.org book.

Solveig