List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] database access
From:       Juraj Bednar <juraj () bednar ! sk>
Date:       2002-10-14 20:24:46

Hello,

> if I understand you right, you would like to create a form with a
> subform. When you open the form navigator you could create a second form
> where oyu have to enter a SQL statement like
> select field1,field2 from invoice_products where invoice_id = :ID
> The name after the colon is the named parameter, after that you have to
> link your field from invoice with :ID. This can be done when you enter
> the name of the column of teh invoice in the link master field and ID
> (without colon) in slave field. (entries can be found on the data page
> in the form properties of the subform).

ok, I tried this. First I created main form. I put a form entry
orders_id in the main form, which shows the orders_id from my sql
statement. When I show this in design mode turned off, I see all the
orders and can browse through them, everything changes as expected. Then
I create a subform. I created new query with this sql command:

SELECT `products_name`, `final_price`, `products_quantity`, `final_price` *
`products_quantity` AS `total_price` FROM `orders_products` `orders_products`
WHERE ( ( `orders_id` = :ID ) )

Now, I created subform, associated this query with it and set Link
master as orders_id and links slave as ID (I see that in quotes).

Now when I try to run the query, I see this message: ,,Invalid
descriptor index''. I click for more info and I see only this and SQL
status: 07009. Don't you know what could be wrong? It seems so close...

 Thanks,

   Juraj.