List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Sprachmodul Deutsch (Deutschland)
From:       Tim Habermann <tim_habermann () web ! de>
Date:       2002-10-10 22:16:50

G.,

(as a side remark: this is an English spoken mail list and therefore I
will answer in English... You will definitely increase the rate of
response by asking in English next time.)

Under

http://de.openoffice.org/about-spellcheck.html

you will find the required dictionary file along with the instructions
(in German!) on how to install.

I run OOo 1.0.1 on a Linux box as a network installation and contrary to
the instructions I put the dictionary file in
/where_ooo_is_installed/share/dict/ooo and modified the dictionary.lst
file in that directory rather than intalling in my user directory as is
recommended in the instructions.
I would assume that under win2k/winxp (multiuser environment) you also
have the central folders (c:\programme\... or c:\program files\...) or
the user directories.

Then (re)start OOo and activate the German spellchecking (see
instructions). Available languages have a tiny ABC-symbol in the combo box.

Hope this helps - let us know if you need more information.

Best regards
Tim