List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] interface fonts missing
From:       Olav Pettershagen <olav.pettershagen () trysil ! online ! no>
Date:       2002-10-08 10:15:47

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 11:32, Michael Brakemeier wrote:
> Hm, I simply do not have this Andale Sans UI font mentioned everywhere

That's why you have to type Andale Sans UI rather than select it from the
list.
 and
> it seems that this tiny unreadable font is in fact the substition font...
> but how to replace the standard user interface font when I can not read the
> menus and the dialogs??? ;-)

OK, if your menus are completely unreadable, try this.

1. Start OOO
2. Click on the sixth menu from the left in the menu bar.
3. Click on the bottom menu item.
4. Expand the uppermost settings module.
5. Click on the second item from the bottom in the expanded settings module.
6. Mark the little box at the top of the dialog.
7. Type Andale Sans UI in the left text field.
8. Select your preferred menu font in the right text field or type the name of
the font iif the list is unreadable (OOO must have access to this font of
course, and fonts can be added through OOO's Printer Administration).
9. Mark both boxes inside the scroll field below.
10. Click on the green symbol above the scroll field.
11. Click OK.

Elaborate, but it might just work :)

Olav

Wll