List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] OO doc to adobe pdf via distiller?
From:       Matthias_Schäfer <schaefer () cymation ! de>
Date:       2002-09-12 7:13:13

Hello,

Viken A Djerdjian wrote:
> Adobe might come with a PDF printer drive. If you install that you can
> print and choose that as your printer and save it to a PDF file.
> I hope this helps
> Vik
>
> At 11:32 AM 9/11/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I've got acrobat distiller. Trying to get adobe to recognize OO
>> documents.
>> Is there a plugin for OO for converting to PDF? One in the works? A
>> workaround for OO docs to PDF via Adobe distiller or similar tool?
>> I know that OO is all based on xml. Is there a FOP tool for converting
>> OO to
>> pdf?

This is a question which interests me too.

In my Project I embedd OOo in a Java-Application as Editor instead of
using MS Word over Command-Line. For Printing Data from the DB I use
FOP. Now I have to integrate the OOo-Document in the printed Output.

So my first step saving the RTF-Document with the storeAsURL-Statement
to a SXW for getting closer to the XML-Data for printing with FOP doesnt
work (see my Post "storeAsURL causes Parameter-Error and IOException" on
dev@udk.openoffice.org).

Now I can write the Document with the "Flat XML Filter" as one XML-File.
But how can I get this in my Printingsolution formatting a XML-File with
a XSL-File to Display / Print it using FOP ?

Thanks in Advance

Matthias Schäfer
Cymation Technology GmbH