List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    OpenOffice 641C question
From:       Kyle Gonzales <kgonzale () redhat ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 18:25:05

I've been testing OpenOffice 641C, and have one issue which I cannot
find an answer to.  The package installs without a hitch, however the
user's spell check is hosed.  When you go to spell check, ALL the words
show as "misspelled".  By running OpenOffice from the terminal, I see
the following error:

Error - could not open dictionary description file
Failure loading dictionary list
Hash Manager Error : 1
Error - could not open affix description file
/home/saqadoc/kgonzale/OpenOffice.org641/user/wordbook/en_US.aff
Failure loading aff file
/home/saqadoc/kgonzale/OpenOffice.org641/user/wordbook/en_US.aff

Now, I can copy this file from
/opt/OpenOffice.org641/user/wordbook/en_US.aff, and the error goes away.
    I am not getting any errors of this sort with StarOffice 6.0 Beta,
and am using the same steps to install both (setup /net as root, then
just setup as user).  As far as I can tell, this SHOULD work without a
hitch.  But it seems that either the files are supposed to be copied
over but aren't, or the link to the root files aren't working.

I searched the OpenOffice.org and Google, but no one else has seen or
reported this error that I can find.  Has anyone else here seen this error?

--
Kyle Gonzales
kgonzale@redhat.com