List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Netiquette & contributing to OO.o, was : shortcuts quickstarter
From:       Marco Fioretti <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2005-03-25 10:31:53

Somebody in the very long "shortcuts quickstarter" thread wrote:

> The reasons why people don't have access to the website are not
> infrastructural, nor are the reasons why they don't feel they have
> influence. So here we are talking about a project that is not
> working out.

A certainly minor, but not negligible part of the problem, might
be the fact that almost nobody, including veterans, ever bothers to
*start* a whole new thread (which is *NOT* "hit reply, change the subject") when the \
argument changes. Not here, on any public mailing list I know.

I read the message from which I quoted above by pure mistake.
I have no interest and nothing to say right now about OO.o
shortcuts and quickstarters. Therefore, I simply delete/don't open
anything in that thread without reading it. As everybody else
does on any internet forum.

Personally, I have no possibilities to contribute to the website
right now, so you haven't lost any help from me by hiding this issue
under another name. But maybe, if it had been properly labeled and
threaded when it sprung off by the original quickstarter discussion,
somebody else might have given a useful contribution on it.

Ciao,
Marco F.