List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] KDE kioslaves integration
From:       CPH <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2005-03-14 0:12:37

On Thursday 10 March 2005 05:00, + Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Hi!
> It would be great if OO could be aware of the kioslaves of KDE.

Agreed.

> KDE provides for a transparent handling of "remote" file systems (samba,
> ftp, ...) but OO 2 (beta) does not honor this. The OO filedialog is
> restricted to local file system access.
>
> I have seen some comments about "storeToUrl()" which looks very much
> capable to use other URL's than "file://"
>
> So may be there is only a little step to do

Please have a look at the UCB description in the developers guide to be found
at http://api.openoffice.org and then email dev@kde.openoffice.org.

Obviously your help would be appreciated in this implementation as you seem to
know about the KDE ioslaves.

Please reply to discuss@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor