List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    A couple of issues
From:       "Richard Doherty" <rdoherty () ecr-consulting ! com>
Date:       2005-03-01 15:04:34

As someone who has switched from Mic***oft Office to OpenOffice.org, and =
is trying to encourage others in my field (environmental engineering) to =
do the same, I have a "wish list" for some things that would make the =
switch to Open Office go even more smoothly for folks in my profession:

1) It would be great if there were an easier way to tell Calc what =
sheets of a spreadsheet were to be printed.  Also, when I hit print, I =
often get the sheet that's on the screen, plus one or more other sheets =
that I didn't need.

2) It would be great if there were more border types to choose from in a =
Calc spreadsheet.  Many tables we produce need a double border on the =
outside, fine lines in the interior, and medium lines to separate the =
main sections of the table.

3) It would be great if it were easier to produce mailing labels from a =
spreadsheet of names and addresses.

4) It would be great if you could print envelopes to an addressee of a =
letter you are writing, just by highlighting the address and making a =
few clicks.

I love OpenOffice.org, and I want it to be used by everyone, and that is =
the motivation for my comments.  I do not have the programmiing skills =
to help with the heavy lifting, but I can help spread the word around.  =
Having the features listed above (or some of them anyway) would help =
alot in "selling" folks in my business on the benefits of OpenOffice.

Thanks for reading, for giving the world OpenOffice, and for anything =
you can do!

Richard Doherty
Engineering & Consulting Resources, Inc.