List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] labels on continuous paper problem
From:       Peter Hillier-Brook <phb () hbsys ! plus ! com>
Date:       2005-02-25 17:20:48

davide wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to print labels on continuous paper, but I only get the first
> page, whichever number of records I send to document.
> I defined my own label's dimensions (1col x 8rows),checked entire page
> option and synchronize contents in Options tab, made setup of printer
> selecting the correct paper size. After going to new document and
> selecting all records from data source (324 records), I got only the
> first page (8 labels) correctly filled with data, no way to get other
> pages.
> Any idea? thanks to all.
> Davide - Italy

Davide,

This is a perennial question and there are several solutions, depending
upon whether one thinks of the present behaviour as a bug, or not.

My own view is that it is a bug and the way I get round it is to create
a label template with enough pages to accommodate the number of records
I wish to print. In your case that would be 41 pages, which seems
excessive, but will do what you want. The merit of this approach is that
one can save the derived document for transmission to other people who
might wish to print their labels without the intervening generational
processes.

An alternative approach is to use (mis-use) mail merge and print
directly, without the option of preserving the created labels. This
technique is described in several places and a search of the archives
will, I am sure, reveal all.

I hope that this helps.

Peter HB