List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: OO.o built with KDE and Gnome support
From:       Gary Edwards <garyedwards () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-11-29 17:53:08

I installed the OpenOffice.org - KDE version on SimplyMepis without a
hitch.  Everything looks great and the application is noticeably more
responsive.  One problem i've noticed though is that the right click
menu for Auto Correct is missing the "add to dictionary" function.  Very
annoying.

Worse, the option to "Spellcheck" also dims the "add" button.  I'm going
to have to work through the different dictionary and myspell
dependencies to see if the path statements are off target.

Another thing that's odd is that the spellcheck dialog does not list any
dictionaries.  So i go to the options dialog and sure enough, the
default installation has all the default dictionaries unchecked.
Checking them however doesn't solve the problem.  There are still no
dictionaries listed in the spellcheck dialog.  I'll play around with the
wordbook paths and see if that helps.  But the default installation is a
little strange.  On quick close i've triggered a couple of script errors
that look to be part of the KDE customization.  Maybe that's where the
spellchecker problems are located.

Other than that, OOo-KDE rocks!
~ge~