List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] The Scouts answer on Free SW and  OO.o
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-04-28 19:53:48

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 20:56:24 PM -0700, Christian Einfeldt
(einfeldt@earthlink.net) wrote:
> On Thursday 22 April 2004 04:11, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > some days ago I posted here this article:
> >
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/comments.php?sid=7533
> >
> > whose central thesis is that "Linux and the whole FLOSS movement
> > do appear as the soul of Scouting made software: the first, if not
> > only, kind of IT technology that should be proposed to Boy Scouts
> > or used by their leaders"
[snip]

> Marco, thanks for this really good work.  This is something which
> will dovetail nicely with Ian's schools initiative, and very nicely
> also with the great work that Paul Nelson is doing in Portland, and
> the work of the folks in Madrid Spain, who have a huge schools
> initiative, and Extremadura Spain, which I why I am ccing those
> folks. So thanks for that good work, Marco, and for keeping us
> informed.

Christian, and the list,

thanks for your interest. I am also working on a follow-up on this
issue, so let's keep in touch.

In the meantime, I invite everybody who missed the article above to
read it, and renew my suggestions:

> > I strongly invite all OO.o advocates and developers to read it.
> > It contains a lot of important points about OO.o, open standards,
> > OO.o for the Mac and more.
[snip]
> > Above all, I renew my invitation to pass the article to every
> > Scout you know, and to contact me if you can translate it in other
> > languages (italian is already being taken care of, thanks).

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Nature is very un-American.  Nature never hurries.
						-- William George Jordan