List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       Paul Johnson <pauljohnson1 () mac ! com>
Date:       2004-04-15 22:20:20

Jeremy O'Leary wrote:

>These are features that sometimes force me back to M$ Office.

<snip>

>4) In the page setup options, add a gutter option so you define how much
>space is set aside that will be consumed by the binding of a book.

This gutter setting is already there, Jeremy. Do the following:

   1. Choose Format->Page.
   2. Make sure the Page Tab is selected.
   3. About half-way down the dialog box on the right side is a section
      called "Layout settings". In the pop-up field for "Page layout"
      choose Mirrored.
   4. Notice that the labels for your margin fields change from Left and
      Right to Inner and Outer. Adjust the Inner one to allow for space
      for binding of a book.

Hope that helps to make OOo more useful for you.

Paul