List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] OpenClipart.org
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-04-09 19:39:29

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 14:25:49 PM -0400, Daniel Carrera (dcarrera@math.umd.edu) wrote:
> M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> >I lost the beginning of this thread, so excuse me if the following
> >was already answered. Said this, why is it bad if this Free (as in
> >freedom) clip art gallery is hosted outside OO.o?
>
> The problem that Jacqueline and Sophie are pointing out, and which I
> completely acknowledge, is that this constitutes fragmentation
> within the community. We have cohesion.

OK, thanks for confirming that I had understood. So, if "community"
and "we" in the statement above means "all the users of Free SW, be it
OOo or something else" I agree with everything you said. There is
really no fragmentation to worry about if clip art and stuff is
outside OOo web site, just gains.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

If you have the right attitude, interesting problems will find you
                Eric S. Raymond, "The Cathedral and the bazaar", chapter 2