List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] HTML
From:       "Steve Holstein  ()  InterPrep ! com" <holstein () interprep ! com>
Date:       2003-10-23 9:18:05

At 12:10 AM 10/23/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Steve Holstein @ InterPrep.com wrote:

>>>Just created an HTML test from new document, typed in a title, formatted
>>>to H1;
>>>Clicked the Bulleting button, typed in "Bulleted Item 1" <ENTER>
>>>Bulleted Item 2 <Enter>
>>>Bulleted Item 3 <Enter>
>>><Enter> (turns off bulleting)
>>>Typed another Title, formatted to H1
>>>
>>>Saved document, switched to HTML source view, here's what I get:
>>><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>>>

>>>Title of List
>>>

>>>    * Bulleted Item
>>>    * Bulleted Item
>>>    * Bulleted Item
>>>

>>>Title of Next List
>>>

>>>This has no extra blank lines thrown in.  I am led to ask, which version
>>>of OOo are you using?  Did I misunderstand you and you are creating the
>>>document in Writer and exporting it to HTML?  If that's so, perhaps
>>>there is a problem in the HTML export filter.  Please enlighten me/us.
>>>
>>>Matt Needles
>>>OpenOffice.org Instructor
>>>

>>I'm using the latest version of OOo and I'm creating an HTML document in
>>it (not converting to HTML).
>

>I see from your reply that the code didn't pass through on my email
>message.  It got interpreted as HTML source by the email server or client
>and you can't see what it actually generated.  I've posted the page to my
>website as
>

>      http://needleswebs.com/OOoStuff/ListsTest.html  (case is significant)
>
>Compare my results with what you get and see if you find a problem.
>
>Matt Needles
>OpenOffice.org Instructor

Your list is not doing what mine were, but it is doing something annoying,
which I've recreated at http://interprep.com/test.html.

My second list on the above page has the <P> tag on each list item, which
double-spaces everything on the list. On the FIRST list on the above page I
manually removed the <P> tags.

Why are <P> tags in there? I want a nice, single-spaced list.

Steve