Steve Holstein @ InterPrep.com wrote: > Thanks. One more question. I'm trying to move away from Word for > creating some daily html documents; the version I have doesn't do > well. At first it appeared OOo would act just like a word processor > while in html 'mode' but I see that on bulleted lists it's throwing an > extra space in before and after the list. I noticed this when I viewed > my demo html document in a browser. > > What I want to see is what we all see in a list within a document: > > > TITLE OF LIST > > - List item > - List item > - List item > > TITLE OF NEXT ITEM > > > What I see in my browser after saving an html in OOo is: > > > TITLE OF LIST > > > - List item > - List item > - List item > > > TITLE OF NEXT ITEM > > > Any reason why OOo is tossing in an extra line space. When I view the > raw HTML I see an extra
thrown in for no reason. > > ??? > > Steve > > > Just created an HTML test from new document, typed in a title, formatted to H1; Clicked the Bulleting button, typed in "Bulleted Item 1" Bulleted Item 2 Bulleted Item 3 (turns off bulleting) Typed another Title, formatted to H1 Saved document, switched to HTML source view, here's what I get:

Title of List

  • Bulleted Item

  • Bulleted Item

  • Bulleted Item

Title of Next List

This has no extra blank lines thrown in. I am led to ask, which version of OOo are you using? Did I misunderstand you and you are creating the document in Writer and exporting it to HTML? If that's so, perhaps there is a problem in the HTML export filter. Please enlighten me/us. Matt Needles OpenOffice.org Instructor