List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] OS publisher
From:       Eron Lloyd <elloyd () lancaster ! lib ! pa ! us>
Date:       2003-10-09 14:25:43

On Thursday October 9 2003 9:54 am, Ric Gatehouse :: Design One Studio wrote:
> Hi,
> I have used your product and am very impressed. I was wondering if there
> were any plans to develop and include a comparable program to MS Office /
> Publisher?

Most of the things you would need as far as page layout and graphic design can
be done using a combination of Writer and Draw. There are quite a few
drawbacks, however. A big one is color management; there isn't an easy way to
work with multiple palettes or a special color scheme (especially if you need
to do CMYK work). Also, it lacks things such as custom borders (esp. using
clipart), template collections, and all those wizards that Publisher
supports. Sometimes you just have to be creative...

Cheers,

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd