List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:[discuss]_OpenOffice_1.0.2_A4_Paper_Dimensions?=
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Marco_Fioretti?=" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2003-03-31 7:45:10

>I've tried to find out about this - I'm new to OpenOffice and think it
>is first class, but I couldn't figure out a printing problem until I
>realised there was a mistake in the default page size for A4.
>A4 height is actually 27.9cm  NOT 29.7cm

A4 format *is* 210 x 297 mm. Both my ruler and the label on the
500 sheets pack on the  IBM "professional office paper"  in my printer
room confirm it.

You are probably confusing the international A4 standard with the 8.5x11
inches format used in USA (11 inches is just 27.9 cm). Select 8.5x11 if you
need that.

     HTH,
                    Marco Fioretti