List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Support of Xft2/fontconfig in OOo for Linux?
From:       Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2003-01-02 20:55:53

Hello,

If I understand the packaging correctly, OOo 1.0.1, as shipped in Red
Hat Linux 8.0, is one of the major apps still requiring the old font
system, i.e. "forcing" the installation of libraries otherwise
obsolete.
I say this because I see that openoffice requires chkfontpath, which
in turn pretends to have xfs, the old font server.

Is this correct? If yes, why, and what are the plans, if any, to move
to the new Xft2/fontconfig system?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

	Marco Fioretti