List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] Linux / Sparc
From:       Noah silva <nsilva () atari-source ! com>
Date:       2002-11-27 18:54:42

Hi Udo,

I too would be happy with this, but it seems a lot of people seem to think
linux = "linux/x86".  When you download "Adobe acrobad reader for
linux" from adobe's site, there isn't even any mention that it is x86
only.  It's as if you aren't obscure enough just using linux, you need to
be further discriminated against for using the "wrong" processor, despite
all attempts in unix to be processor independant ;).  I run Linux/sparc,
linux/ppc, and linux/x86, and I often find you have to wait or recompile
for yourself if you want things on something other than x86.  In the case
of openoffice, I would rather wait.  I have tried compiling several
different versions of openoffice, and none of them compiled smoothly from
following the instructions.

 -- noah silva