List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] User Interface Guidelines
From:       Chris <chris () e-scape ! net>
Date:       2002-10-16 13:53:12

Why is it that everyone who uses MS Word thinks word is so great but
refuses to buy a copy?

The #1 requirement that I have with all software is stability. If it's
not stable then it's worthless to me. I am tired of creating a
presentation, proposal or whatever document only to have the app fail on
me before saving.

That said if you wish to contribute you are very welcome. If you wish to
add features to OOo you are welcome. If you want Word or MS Office for
free then you are not at the right site. You should be going to
www.microsoft.com and requesting them to issue MS Office for free.

As far as I can see OOo is going  in the right direction. A stable
foundation which will be built on in the future.

My OOo 1.0 has been running now for over 90 days without a restart. Now
that's an App. This is the main reason that I am able to convert people
over to it.

Chris