One of the things that makes MS office 'comfortable' to use is the load of templates that are around for it. I've downloaded the ones from http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/. I am running OO on Windows 2000. I have copied the templates into C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\user\template and they seem to be working. When I tried to make a couple of .STI templates and put them in the same place, Impress does not offer them as templates to me in the same way. If I double-click on them, they work. What am I missing? Scott scott.watson1@ntlworld.com A picture may be worth a thousand words But a thousand words uses a lot less disc space!