List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] SO Press and question on cost of transitioning to OOo
From:       Jean-Bruno =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Luginb=FChl?= <jean_bruno_luginbuhl () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-05-24 7:49:50

Hi,

I'm not sure they need a one day course. The longest part would be to
have OOo working the way they are used to, but this could be IT issues.
When I putted OOo here, I've putted it in such a way they would use it
as usual with an MSOffice suite. I got few questions, I am not a big
business but I have three persons using Office here and I have got one
that had some questions and for who it was more difficult (but he is not
a computer expert, he is 60, and have general problem to use a computer,
even with "easy to use" Windows familly :D).

I also installed OOo in an other firm, it is not achieved yet, but I can
say that I have had no question yet. They use it without beeing
specially trained. It is "usual work" of course, I don't ask them for
"special programming".

Where I see the cost is in the "programming" (VBS to StarBasic)
transition. I still have a few document with "programs" I must translate
to OOo from Excel.

Regards

Jean-Bruno