List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Mandrake RPMS (was Re: [discuss] Release of 1.0?)
From:       Buchan Milne <bgmilne () cae ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-02-28 22:27:44

bgmilne@cae.co.za, afarkas@wolfwater.com, discuss@openoffice.org wrote:

>I have done a bit of playing around, and there seem to be some crash bugs:
>Tools->Macro
>Tools->Configure->Macro
>Right-click-on-menu-bar->Customize
>I still haven't managed to get the ooffice wrapper script to work right ...

Ahhh, after removing my now erroneous ~/.sversionrc, everthing seems to be much
better. These 3 crashed no longer occur, oofice wrapper script works.

Spell-checking finds every word mis-spelt, and gives the following error:

Error - could not open dictionary description file
Failure loading dictionary list
Hash Manager Error : 1
Error - could not open affix description file
/home/bgmilne/.openoffice/user/wordbook/en_US.aff
Failure loading aff file /home/bgmilne/.openoffice/user/wordbook/en_US.aff
Error - could not open dictionary description file
Failure loading dictionary list
Error - could not open dictionary description file
Failure loading dictionary list

I assume these should be copied from /usr/lib/openoffice/share/wordbook/english/?

[bgmilne bgmilne]$ ls /usr/lib/openoffice/share/wordbook/english/
soffice.dic  sun.dic  th_en_US.dat*  th_en_US.idx*
[bgmilne bgmilne]$

No en_US.aff.

Kevin? I would like to see if we can get as many languages supported by
spell-checking, otherwise the Mandrake users will believe the slashdot FUD (OO.o has
no spell-checking).

Buchan