List:       openoffice-announce
Subject:    OpenOffice.org 1.0
From:       Louis Suarez-Potts <louis () collab ! net>
Date:       2002-02-15 2:42:34

All,
During the week that ended last Friday February 8, the community voted on
the numbering proposal
(http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/numbering_proposal.html).
The vote was a referendum, and it was conclusive: The vast majority (nearly
all) of the community voted in favor of OpenOffice.org 1.0. In fact, the
only dissent was whether we should start at 1.0 or some other number.

What is the next step? Most urgently, we need to focus attention on
publicizing the existence of OpenOffice.org 1.0 to the world. Readers are
encouraged to go to the Marketing Project,
http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/marketing/, and contribute their efforts.
OpenOffice.org 1.0 is a significant step, a claim of a certain maturity. We
need to broadcast that fact.

Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager