List:       openocd-development
Subject:    Re: [OpenOCD-devel] [libusb] Announcing libusb-1.0.18 (as well as libusbx-1.0.18 *FINAL*)
From:       Pete Batard <pete () akeo ! ie>
Date:       2014-01-27 22:38:37

On 2014.01.27 20:44, Jens Bauer wrote:
> Pete, you are young

Not a good start.

What if I told you I started programming in the mid 80s? Do I still qualify?

> But you have a problem. You feel attacked whenever anyone says something that you do not agree with.

Yes, I tend to be annoyed when people seem to suggest to go against what
the majority of our collective users and contributors has regularly
expressed they wanted which is: a single libusb, where bugs get fixed on
regular basis, and where much requested features, such as hotplug
support, do make it into a release.

If your suggestion wasn't that it might be for the best if libusb was
split into 2 separate projects, again, right after we finally managed to
undo the earlier split which the vast majority of all of us (users,
contributors, maintainers) would really have preferred to do without,
then please clarify.

Also, as you should know, most projects, that have the capacity, tend to
go around with a development branch and a stable branch, which is
actually also something we've been toying about, with a long proposed
but yet to be implemented 2.0 branch. How comes you didn't mention
something like that?

So yeah, I am flabbergasted as to why you would even *remotely* suggest
to go back to splitting libusb, especially when your argument appears to
boil down to one's subjective perception of stability associated with a
name.

> instead of trying to understand the actual problem

You can try to clarify how one is to interpret what you said earlier. Or
you can go on a meaningless ad-hominen. Your choice.

Regards,

/Pete