List:       openocd-development
Subject:    Re: [OpenOCD-devel] TCL API inconsistency: problem getting results	back
From:       Paul Fertser <fercerpav () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-25 8:24:08

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 07:29:18PM +0100, Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
> What's the difference between log output and return values? Why should any
> command output what could be the return value through the log facility? One of
> the main problems with the telnet interface is the lack of sane return values
> from procedures, which makes scripting so awkward. set value [mdw addr] being
> the prime non-functional example.

I hope this answers most of the raised questions:

http://openocd.zylin.com/1815

Hm, now I remember I've forgotten to add to the TODO items
implementing help for "group" commands (with ocd_bouncer) it used to
output only command-specific help if you type e.g. plain "flash",
after my commit it doesn't.

mailto:fercerpav@gmail.com