List:       openocd-development
Subject:    Re: [OpenOCD-devel] Instructions on doing (semi-)manual JTAG	boundary scan with OpenOCD
From:       Paul Fertser <fercerpav () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-06-23 18:17:08

Hi,

Please do not think I was going to start a language war, of course
everyone's free to make his own choices. And you're absolutely right
it is much easier to get some C language module included in a project
that's written in C itself.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 01:40:12PM -0400, Evan Foss wrote:
> I was going to write a library in C and add a little bit of code to
> OpenOCD to connect to it.
[snip]
> then I would move on to connecting to a CAD tool.

I can imagine such a smart schematics capture tool that would load a
BSDL file, parse it and provide realtime feedback and control over
device's pins by talking to OpenOCD via its RPC interface. And it's
already possible to implement without any changes to OpenOCD if one
agrees to control only one device in a chain at any given time. And
this limitation can be removed with relatively minor modifications.

mailto:fercerpav@gmail.com