List:       openocd-development
Subject:    [OpenOCD-devel] Regarding the ICEpick-C scans for omap3530 (icepick.cfg)
From:       Bazzynga <bazzynga () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-23 22:45:36

Hi,

I am trying to understand the scans sent to the TAP router (mentioned in
ICEPICK-c) before DAP is added to the scan chain. (from icepick.cfg)

irscan $jrc 7 -endstate IRPAUSE
drscan $jrc 8 0x89 -endstate DRPAUSE

As per my understanding, TAP Instruction 7 selects a data register in
which a dr-scan sends a 8-bit value 0x89. I looked through the TI TRM
and ICEpick-c and ARM datasheet but could not find what instruction '7'
stands for. How do we arrive at the value 0x89?

Any pointers/help is appreciated.