List:       openocd-development
Subject:    [Openocd-development] [patch] ARM926: fix arm926ejs_mmu()
From:       oyvind.harboe () zylin ! com (=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=98yvind_Harboe?=)
Date:       2009-10-31 8:55:18

> Well...
>
> I really don't like this pointer business. ?No type checking at all,
> etc. ?This should be turned upside down as you suggested already: embed
> more generic structures within the more specific ones, and copy the
> container_of() macro from Linux to get at the outer structure when
> needed.

I would like to see this gone when we solve the interface
problem. There is stuff like this all over OpenOCD.

In C++ we would have used interfaces(pure abstract classes), but
I'm still waiting for someone to come forth with the suitable mechanism
for C(we'll visit this issue after 0.3 I'm sure).

--
?yvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html