List:       openocd-development
Subject:    [Openocd-development] Configuration Files
From:       dnglaze () gmail ! com (Dean Glazeski)
Date:       2009-10-30 16:45:37

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM, ?yvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe at zylin.com>wrote:

> They are config files first and foremost, tcl configuration
> files secondly... I'm sure your favorite edit can switch
> to tcl coloring w/a .cfg file... ?

You are correct about that one.  I was just curious.  Plus, I was
considering doing some revisions on the configuration files to centralize
some of the items that seem to be redundant.  As an example, look at all of
the boards that configure the clock for an AT91SAM9 of some form.  The
configuration is practically the same.  The only difference may be the
crystal frequency.  I was thinking it might be helpful to centralize some of
that type of logic to a TCL function that resides in a target file instead
of repeating the logic for each board that uses the target.  This may show
up in the future as I play more with NAND on my SAM9-L9260 board.

// Dean Glazeski