List:       openocd-development
Subject:    [Openocd-development] STR9 reset behaviour
From:       oyvind.harboe () zylin ! com (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D8yvind_Harboe?=)
Date:       2008-07-28 20:30:54

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Dario Vecchio <dariovecchio at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> What openocd svn version are you using?
>
> Right now I have updated to the latest svn (879) and the behaviour is the
> same.
> (compiled without modifications with mingw inside Code::Blocks in WinXP)
>
> The modified version I use is a pre-tcl version modified to compile with
> VC6.
> The behaviour is the same.
>
>> What interface device are you using?
>
> str9-comstick.cfg, FT driver
>
>> The str912 will fail reset halt unless the device driver makes
>> sure that clk=0 before srst is asserted.
>> See jtag/bitbang.c/CLOCK_IDLE
>
> What is jtag/bitbang.c for? I excluded it from build as it is not needed for
> str9comstick.

bitbang.c implements JTAG using, well... bitbanging...

If you read the documentation therein you'll find an explanation of the
problem you are seing. I think.

I don't  really know anything about the ft2232 driver, so someone else
has to step up here.

--
?yvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html