List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] 'Disable collection' in foreign-sources provisioning policy is ignored
From:       David Bradley <bradleydj () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-08-07 15:16:01

Hi,

I'm having issues with a Foreign Source Definition policy.  The
policies I have tried are set to DISABLE COLLECTION based upon SNMP
attributes, for example ifType, ifName.  None of the polices I have
created have the desired result.

This is an example:

org.opennms.netmgt.provision.persist.policies.MatchingSnmpInterfacePolicy
ifType : 53
matchBehavior : ALL_PARAMETERS
action : DISABLE_COLLECTION

When I import an asset I will find that some type 53 interfaces are
still set for data collection.

I've tried this type of policy on two OpenNMS installation versions 21 and 22.

What could be going wrong?