List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] update install
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-03 17:14:55

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Courtney, Wrolf
<Wrolf.Courtney@nyct.com> wrote:
> What does 'could not edit' mean? -- Web page would not load, or was blank.

That's a possible symptom of posting too much...

> And is your provisioning requisition large? -- Total of 240 nodes split into three \
> requisitions.
> Not trying to debug my attempted yum upgrade 1.12.3 to 1.12.5, since I blew it all \
> away with a fresh install of 1.12.5. Just a data point. As far as \
> opennms.properties goes, I do not believe that I customized it at all - should have \
> been upgraded if necessary for 1.12.3 -> 1.12.5 automatically by RPM.

Yes, probably not worth the trouble to debug unless someone else is
having the same problem with more configuration/history to preserve.

> Meld sounds like a good idea, but then I would need X on my Centos box, and some \
> sort of X server or TigerVNC for my Windoze workstation. Diff and vi for now.

I usually don't run X on server consoles, but have the libs installed
so I can 'ssh -Y' in from an X session elsewhere and GUI programs will
open their windows in that session. And the sessions I use are
generally using x2go or freenx/NX where the desktop session runs on a
Linux server, but the display is handled by cross-platform clients.
I've used freenx and NX for a long time, but the current x2go version
works pretty well and is all open source, even the client side.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com