List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Configuring Mail
From:       "Valentine, Michael" <michael.valentine () hp ! com>
Date:       2012-06-15 18:34:55

Looks like I have the system up and running, but when I try to configure
mail I cannot find the “javamail-configuration.properties" file.  The
install is on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  Java is installed and working but it a no
go on the “javamail-configuration.properties" file.  Instructions on the
Wiki state:

Configure Mail
Unless you have an SMTP server running on your OpenNMS host, you will need
to configure mail before notifications will work. Mail configuration for
notifications is in the
"$OPENNMS_HOME/etc/javamail-configuration.properties" file. In most cases,
you should only have to change a few lines to point it at your mail server:
# This is the e-mail address that OpenNMS puts in the "From" field:
org.opennms.core.utils.fromAddress=FROM-EMAIL-ADDRESS
org.opennms.core.utils.mailHost=MAIL-SERVER-IP
Also, if your mail server requires authentication for sending, see the
section under "These properties define the Mail authentication." and edit
them as appropriate for your environment.
Any help in pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Michael Valentine

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]