List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] two opennms servers doing the same thing seperatly at the same place / Unmanag
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-05 15:50:37

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Bakker, Sander de (DID)
<sander.de.bakker@rws.nl> wrote:

> I am working in an environment where we have 1 production ONMS server that
> we are trying to set-up and one server that grew as a test ONMS server(bo=
th
> servers are in development).
> Both server are physical servers, both servers are in the same network(and
> have identical routes), both server use their own copy of the same databa=
se.
> The production server uses Postgres 8.1 the test server uses Postgres 8.4
>
> Somehow all the nodes on the test ONMS server are in an unmanaged state. =
In
> the web interface those nodes are configured as managed, i did a rescan b=
ut
> this did not help, i unmanaged a node by force and put it in managed agai=
n,
> and rescanned the node. Still the node is=A0 unmanaged state on the test =
ONMS
> server.

Just a guess, but was there a substantial time lapse between copying
the database and starting up the 2nd server?  Or a time difference
between the servers?    If a service is down for 5 days it is
automatically marked as unmanaged and maybe some sort of time warp
would cause it.  A fresh copy of the working DB might fix it.

-- =

   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com

---
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and =

threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions =

will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware =