List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] Is OpenNMS good for "tiered" monitoring?
From:       Mike Frederick <mikeyfev1 () att ! net>
Date:       2010-10-01 2:20:30

  Hello,

I would like to implement OpenNMS, but I need to know how it would work
and be setup in a "tiered" environment.

I have 3 remote sites that will each have a small ONMS installation
running locally.  Every 15 minutes I'd like each of the ONMS remote
monitors to report up to the "mothership"--an ONMS install whose only
job is to capture/report on the remote site check-in.  The mothership
would not be monitoring anything local.  I can see the mothership also
eventually becoming a central repository for remote ticket reporting.

Is this a feasible configuration and what would I need to read about?
Would other tools be better?  TIA.