List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] install errors
From:       Jeff Stettenbenz <jeff.stettenbenz () cinergymetronet ! com>
Date:       2010-08-26 20:16:40

On a new installation of OpenNMS I get the following errors:
Exception in thread "main" org.opennms.core.schema.MigrationException: unable to \
update the database  at org.opennms.core.schema.Migrator.migrate(Migrator.java:415)
        at org.opennms.install.Installer.install(Installer.java:294)
        at org.opennms.install.Installer.main(Installer.java:964)
Caused by: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change \
                set 1.7.1/datalinkinterface.xml::1.7.1-datalinkinterface-index::mattraykow:

     Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE \
                datalinkinterface DROP CONSTRAINT pk_datalinkinterface:
          Caused By: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE datalinkinterface DROP \
                CONSTRAINT pk_datalinkinterface:
          Caused By: ERROR: constraint "pk_datalinkinterface" does not exist
        at liquibase.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:236)
        at liquibase.parser.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:26)
        at liquibase.parser.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:41)
        at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:112)
        at org.opennms.core.schema.Migrator.migrate(Migrator.java:412)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE \
                datalinkinterface DROP CONSTRAINT pk_datalinkinterface
        at liquibase.database.template.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:56)
        at liquibase.database.template.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:87)
        at liquibase.change.AbstractChange.execute(AbstractChange.java:251)
        at liquibase.change.AbstractChange.executeStatements(AbstractChange.java:97)
        at liquibase.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:212)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: constraint \
                "pk_datalinkinterface" does not exist
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2062)

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1795)

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:479)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:353)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:345)

        at liquibase.database.template.JdbcTemplate$1ExecuteStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:79)

        at liquibase.database.template.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:49)
        ... 10 more

I am using the following software:
CentOS release 4.7 (Final)
-------------
Name   : opennms
Arch   : noarch
Version: 1.8.3
Release: 1
----
Name   : postgresql
Arch   : i386
Version: 7.4.29
Release: 1.el4_8.1
---     -
I have searched all morning, and found that I could manually modify the tables, but \
no step by step instructions were given. Could anyone help?  I did a standard \
install, followed each direction in order.