List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Problems installing OpenNMS 1.8.1 on	 64bit
From:       "Preston Gallwas" <gallwapa () puyallup ! k12 ! wa ! us>
Date:       2010-07-26 21:04:59

FWIW, you can't open ports in the well known range without
UAC-Administrator permission on Vista and higher.  If you create a
shortcut to your batch file (not sure at the moment if you can do it
directly on the file itself) then go to compatibility, you can edit
settings for all users and choose "Run as administrator" check box so it
always prompts you when launching it.

Alternatively, you can use a java wrapper to launch it as a service.

 On 7/26/10 2:47 PM, Ed Darnell wrote:
> PS Would you like me to try the new install at some stage to see if
> the other issues are fixed?
Sure, I'd appreciate some testing.  We've got an MSDN account here, so I
did test specifically on 64-bit Win2k8 R2, but a fresh set of eyes is
always a good thing.  :)

--
Benjamin Reed
The OpenNMS Group