List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] Antw:  Installation issue: Windows	environment
From:       "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold () Gek ! de>
Date:       2009-08-11 6:51:19

Hi Allie,

near the end of the log in the third picture there is something written like \
"Unsupported database version ....". Which version of postgres did you install? It \
should run with postgres 8.3 without problems.

-Michael

> > > Allie McKinley <amckinley@esri.com> 11.08.2009 00:05 >>>
I am a System Admin here at ESRI.  We are currently using Argent Software to monitor \
our network. Our contract with them is up in September and we would like to migrate \
to a different software.  I have been trying to install a test network using OpenNMS, \
however, I am having trouble installing the Server.  I am currently using a Windows \
2003 Server SP2 machine, installing packet:    \
"standalone-opennms-installer-1.6.5.jar".  I can not get Step 9 of 10 to configure \
correctly.  It fails when it tries to build the OpenNMS database.  I am not sure why. \
I have Java installed as well as the following JDK packages.  I have tried them all, \
thinking that might be the source of my problem, however I get the same error \
messages every time.  I am hoping you can help or point me in a direction for help. I \
have 4 weeks to completely test out a new system.  Thank-you

[cid:image003.jpg@01CA19CB.FD70E410]

Here are the error messages I am getting:

[cid:image005.jpg@01CA19CB.FD70E410]   [cid:image007.jpg@01CA19CB.FD70E410]

[cid:image014.jpg@01CA19CB.FD70E410]  [cid:image015.jpg@01CA19CB.FD70E410]

Allie McKinley
Systems Administrator