List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] Antw: New install 1.7 (removed old	rpm's/deleted
From:       "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold () Gek ! de>
Date:       2009-02-09 7:57:11

Obviously you deleted only the opennms installation, but this does not delete the database.

You should log  into the database as user postgres and drop the database:

	psql -U postgres -c "drop database opennms"

then rerun

	./install -l /usr/local/lib -dis (from /opt/opennms/bin)

and then check that iplike is installed correctly, see

	http://www.opennms.org/index.php/IPLIKE

-Michael

>>> buzzmc2 <buzzmc2@gmail.com> 30.01.2009 18:44 >>>
I tried (and failed apparently) to remove all my old 1.3.6 files/rpm's/
etc, and start fresh with 1.7 on RHEL4.

The new RPM's installed fine (rpm -ivh opennms*.rpm)

I then ran the installer with:

./install -l /usr/local/lib -dis (from /opt/opennms/bin)

And it died with some form of Java heap/out of memory error (which I
did not get a screen cap of).

I rebooted and tried running the installer again, and now I get this:

- checking database for old backup tables... Exception in thread
"main" One or more backup tables from a previous install still exists--
aborting installation.  You either need to remove them or rename them
so they do not contain the string '_old_'.
Backup tables:
	events_old_1233336908141
	at
org.opennms.netmgt.dao.db.InstallerDb.checkOldTables(InstallerDb.java:
1644)
	at org.opennms.install.Installer.install(Installer.java:237)
	at org.opennms.install.Installer.main(Installer.java:778)

I even found info about this in common problems when building from
source.. But all I really want is a clean isntall w/1.7, not to have
to try and manually fix a database that I thought I had gotten rid of
in the first place.

Thanks,

-b