List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Problem with upgrade - almost there...
From:       Joe in MPLS <joe () gracenpeace ! net>
Date:       2009-01-14 22:47:38

Thanks again Tarus.

I ended up merging only "groups.xml", "discovery-configuration.xml",
"snmp-config.xml" and "users.xml".

I started it up and everything is running! I'm not sure if it was doing
this before the upgrade but it wants to monitor the SSH service on every
one of my frame-relay router's 438 interfaces. I'm about half way
through un-checking lots of check boxes.

I  am not however, seeing any interface performance data from before the
upgrade. When I look at an interface graph it only shows throughput
since I fired up OpenNMS this afternoon. When I switch to the weekly or
monthly view it's blank except for the last hour or so. Is this recoverable?

I also noticed that the link to the startup script is broken. THere is a
link in /etc/rc3.d that points to "../init.d/opennms" but the target
file isn't there so I'll just point it to /opt/opennms/bin/opennms.

Thanks for all the help      ...jgm