List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] Antw:  OpenNMS Dashboard Issues
From:       "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold () Gek ! de>
Date:       2008-12-08 10:23:48

Hi Jonathan,

first of all - you are on a developement snapshot, if you don't need some special \
features implemented in this developement trunk I would take 1.6.1 stable.

Then - I'm sorry, but I don't know exactly where to look in this case. Normally all \
the logs are in some subdirectory of /var/log/opennms, so if you use "fgrep -i error \
/var/log/opennms/*/* | more" you will probably get the error message. Hope there are \
not too many of them...

Did you change something in the configuration of surveillance-views.xml ? If yes, try \
to get the original config from the distribution back and test again. If no, try to \
enter some reasonable values by going to  Admin
   -> Manage Surveillance Categories

How long did you wait befor trying to open the dashboard? Maybe the server still was \
initializing.

Do you already have some nodes discovered?

Since there are so few answers to dashboard questions it seems to me there are few \
people using the dashboard - I don't use it, too...

-Michael

> > > "Jonathan Carpenter" <jonathan.carpenter@gmail.com> 06.12.2008 20:03 >>>
I have installed OpenNMS and activated the auto discovery.
Version:1.7.0-SNAPSHOTServer Time:Sat Dec 06 13:01:17 CST 2008Client Time:Sat
Dec 06 2008 12:59:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)Java Version:1.5.0_15
Sun Microsystems Inc.Java Virtual Machine:1.5.0_15-b04 Sun
Microsystems Inc.Operating
System:Linux 2.6.27.5-37.fc9.i686 (i386)Servlet Container:jetty-6.1.9
(Servlet Spec 2.5)After I log in to OpenNMS I get an error when I click on
the dashboard:
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.InvocationException: The call failed on the
server; see server log for details

I am not sure what log it is referring to. Can anyone help me resolve this
issue?

Thanks,
Jonathan