List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] OpenNMS on AIX 5.3??
From:       "Matt Brozowski" <brozow () opennms ! org>
Date:       2008-05-30 13:52:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

=C7huck,

Assuming you can get the dependencies working such as postgresql then you
really shouldn't have too much trouble getting opennms to work on AIX.

The hardest two pieces will be iplike and jicmp for AIX.  These are C code
shared libraries used by opennms.  One provides a stored procedure for
postgresql and the other provides 'ping' support to opennms via JNI.

There is a working but somewhat slower version of iplike if you fail to get
that to work that uses sql based stored procedures but jicmp is essential.

If you can get that and postgresql working the rest should be fairly
straightforward.

Matt