List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] [Fwd: Re: problem with visualization of opennms
From:       Phil Stringer <zzassps () sentinel ! mcc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-03-26 15:16:16

Benjamin Reed wrote:

> Crivelli Marco wrote:
>
> | But in /opt/opennms/webapps I DO NOT HAVE ANY opennms.xml
> |
> | I think that something miss in my CATALINA_HOME but I have a bad
> | knowledge on web application architecture
>

> opennms.xml would not be in /opt/opennms/webapps, it would be created by
> /opt/opennms/bin/install when you use the -w flag to tell it where
> tomcat is.  However, if you're symlinking the webapps into
> /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/ it should not be necessary.
>
> On the other hand, is there any reason you're using tomcat instead of
> the built-in jetty server?

Perhaps because the Installation Guide still tells us it is a pre-requisite, as is rrdtool
and that appears at the start of the guide linked from
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Main_Page
It would be useful if that could be updated by an installation expert and perhaps guide us
into the latest way of doing things. I just refer back to my notes of how I built and
installed it last time :-)

	phil
--
  Phil Stringer, Infrastructure & Operations, Phone +44 161 275 6057
  IT Services Division,                       email Phil.Stringer@manchester.ac.uk